Tuesday, November 16, 2010

family of food maniacs part 1


My de guzman family loovveess to eat.. and because they love food, they also enjoy cooking. i cant think of any member of our family who's not into eating nor cooking. its crazy ! i guess im the only one who's not as passionate as they are.. although im also into food and i also like to learn, i still dont consider myself as  a food maniac. my cousins are passionate chefs and my sisters are wonderful cooks.. my dad founded "Pinausukan" restaurant w/c has long been gone but you could still see and feel its legacy moving on to one member of the family to another. here are some pictures of my cousin gino's recipe that he  took himself and had to cook for 360 people so 360x8?


1) braised veal lasagna, truffled jus 2) barramundi, cauliflower, potato-saffron veloute 3) duck rillette, port jelly, asparagus salad 4) scallops, celeriac puree, pickled apple.
  
5) olive oil poached salmon, panzanella, smoked tomato creme fraiche 6) squid, avocado mousse, semi dried tomato, rocket mayo 7) tuna tataki, asparagus, lime-courgette vinaigrette 8) lamb back strap, pea puree, herb-mustard gnocchi