Monday, April 25, 2011

Exotic food: Snail

I dont really consider snail as an exotic food because i always eat it when i was small and even up to now. i thought all along that snail is a typical filipino food. guess i was wrong. When i showed the pictures of my yummy snail food to my ivan, he was so disgusted. I guess its a typical delicacy only in some parts of the philippines. But trust me, snail is so flavorful, its chewy with a bit of earthy flavor and its good when cooked with coconut milk :)


live fresh snails..


(bottom) you have to chop the tail of the shell so when its cooked already, you can eat it just by sucking it out of the shell. boil the snail to remove the greenish color around the shell. then you saute' the chopped onion, garlic, ginger then mix it with coconut milk, water, moringa (or malunggay) and lastly the snail. let it cook for a few minutes..



Almost done...


Finished..