Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pampanga food 2

Kapampangans are known for their amazing cooking skills and they always have the best food served on the table even just for an ordinary day. But sunday was not an ordinary day for tita Gi's amigas. it was a farewell/bday party of one of their amigas and my tita tagged me along so i can try their food (american/filipino/italian style). I was reluctant to go at first since i dont know anyone else from there except her and my cousin. But i didn't regret coming, in fact i wish we should've stayed longer so i can get hungry again and eat again for the nth time.  


 (top) started my meal with salad. im not sure what you call it, i was too hungry to remember.


(top) The main food! of course the roast beef :)


Mini potatoes for side dish:)


Mashed potato for another side dish. But i ate it like rice along with my roast beef.


Corn for another side dish :)


big shrimps made with love, this one was too difficult to do because they had to get the shrimp meat and leave the intact shrimp shell so they can  mash it with garlic, onion etc then put it back again in the shell. it is topped with some kind of cheese.

 

My favorite for the night, aside from the roast beef. This is made of different kinds of berries like, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries etc.. of course there are no berries like these here except for strawberries so one of the amigas had to bring some from the states. It tasted so good the cream wasn't as heavy. it was perfect :)


Sylvannas made with macadamia nuts. it wasnt a so so but it was also good :)

 

me and my cousin Jericho, the only young ones at the party 


 this is soo good. words cannot express :)

 

chocolate cake made of Lindt!! :) 


my salad topped with my favorite alfalfa :)